Should Your Business Join a Chamber of Commerce?
As a business owner, you know that the economy and livability of the community in which you operate directly affect the success of your business. But how can you be sure that your community remains a good place to live and work? Taking individual action in local matters can be time-consuming and frustrating. Is there a better way to make a difference?
There is -- hire your local Chamber of Commerce to do it for you. By joining your local Chamber, you are banding together with other area businesses to take action in the best interest of the whole community. The result? Both the businesses and the community prosper.
As a Chamber member:
- You tap into an extensive volunteer base that acts as an arm of your business by providing marketing and promotional assistance and educational opportunities, and by working to improve the quality of life in your community -- all in the name of member businesses!
- Your membership investment is 100% tax deductible as a business expense as long as your Chamber does not engage in lobbying at the state or national level.
- Your investment is returned to the community through better legislation, greater productivity, quality education, a quality workforce, and area advancement.
- You support the community that supports your business.
This information was provided by the East Parker County Chamber of Commerce. Programs and membership benefits specific to various Chambers of Commerce are described in a separate handout.
Basic Membership Benefits
- Primary organization focused upon economic development in the fastest growing commercial area in Parker County
- Interaction with others in the area having similar business and cultural interests
- Leads referral group
- Website availability
- Website link availability
- Monthly membership luncheons
- Periodic social events
- Business opening recognition with a Ribbon Cutting event
- Business referrals from chamber office
- Individual business recognition opportunities
- Publication in annual Membership & Area Guide
- Annual awards banquet
- Participation in chamber events throughout the year
- Volunteer opportunities
- Opportunity to interact with diverse and energetic membership
- Opportunity to influence the business and cultural identity of East Parker County